Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back from the USA

A few snapshots to follow explaining my silence in cyberspace for the past couple of weeks: I had the honor and privilege of standing beside my dear friend Meggie as she became Mrs. Joshua Simmons this past weekend. My trip home to the US of A was a wonderful blur of family, friends, food, lots of laughter and snippets of conversation I'll treasure for months to come.
Meggie and Josh are married!
With the happy couple, who incidentally had the most charming first dance everPretty bridesmaid-bouquets to match the gorgeous fall day and stunning bride (and her handsome groom)Very pretty music played by my oh so talented friends as Meggie walked down the aisle
Me and the Missuses, at the rehearsal dinner In addition to my fabulous friends, I got to spend time with my wonderful family -- and see Mary Grace's (adorable) dorm at Furman!
And now I'm back, jet lagged and clicking through pictures on facebook, wondering if I was really in Greenville two and a half days ago. My time was short but sweet, full of wonderful familiarities (like Furman friends and sweet potato cake from Brick Street and drinks with the rents from Up The Creek and driving down Main Street and Starbucks everywhere) and unexpected surprises (like noticing how many Americans have--visible--tattoos and wear cowboy hats for real, or how quiet the streets of Atlanta are at night). A very big thank you to each of my friends, siblings and mom and dad for making my time refreshing and reminding me that there really is no place like home.

No comments: